|Ocean View, DE
Updated Tuesday, May 21, 2013 1:53 PM
Wind: 7 mph
77° / 67°
74° / 61°
67° / 55°
67° / 57°
The quick rundown...
• The big empty lot next to the mailboxes near the house is a community recreational area where you can walk and play with your dog. You must clean up after your animal.
• The James Farm Park near our house has woods AND a nice beach on the bay. The dogs love it! Keep them out of the tall grass because of deer ticks!
• We walk the dogs along the ocean too, but until October 31st your animal requires a leash, and the state requires a fee. If we go to the ocean to walk the dogs, we enter at 3R’s beach (first entrance on the right as you head north), pay the fee, leash the dogs, and walk south along the beach to the houses where no leashes are required, and let them loose.Water Sports
• The canoe and two kayaks provided at the house are available for the use of our guests.Launch from the community dock at the end of Apple Court. To launch a boat you can use the Indian River Marina, just a few minutes from our dock by water. Call (302) 227-3071 for additional information.
• The paddles and life jackets for the canoe and kayaks can be found in the storage shed.
• You are also welcome to use the crab pot located behind the storage shed. Place it in the water at the community dock, or use the dock key for access to deeper water.
Land Sports• Tennis is available at the community tennis court. The court is located behind the dog walk area near the mailboxes. There is a sign-up board for the court located at the gate.
• Take a nice walk through the woods to the bay beach at James Farm Park (you passed it on the left coming to the beach house). Great dog park - though stay out of the grass where the deer ticks wait.Beach stuff• There are lots of beach chairs, sand toys and boogie boards in the storage shed to take to the beach! We “beach” at the state parks for $5/day or go into Bethany and find a parking meter.Restaurants
A couple of good restaurants in Bethany Beach are: Sonoma, Blue Coast, The Kingston Grill (they take reservations $$$$), andMagnolia’s $$ (a good pub just down the street). Smoking is not permitted in any Delaware restaurant or bar, and all restaurants are informal. On Route 26 between Ocean View and Bethany are two Italian Restaurants – Difebos ($$$$) and Isabella’s ($$), a Pizza place –Grottos ($$), and Chinese Food Carryout ($). www.bethanyrestaurants.comGroceries
Hockers G&E is a surprisingly well equipped grocery store with a terrific meat department, and the adjacent hardware store is well stocked. Harris Teeter is 1/4 mile past Hockers G&E Both locations are on Cedar Neck Road, less than one mile from the house. The Giant Food Store and Food Lion are approximately 4 miles further …turn right onto 26…
The cooler on the porch is for your use to stock with ice and whatever.